Bon, Ben, ça c’est fait…
- Clef /Check
- Moto /Check
- Papiers / Check
- Casque /Check
- Boite a outils /Check
- Pieces de rechange /Check
Maintenant, après beaucoup de réflexion, recherches et préparation mentale. Je me suis fait une petite compilation des commandements auxquels il faut que je me tienne pendant ce trip…
– Stop every 1h30min and/or every 100km
– Plan your trip in advance, know the cities you will be passing by
– Try to leave early before traffic, 7am is the latest
– Do not, DO NOT, go beyond 60km/h
– Don’t eat a big meal for lunch, it will make you sleepy, have snacks instead
– Before starting the engine, check that: you’re well suited, bike is on tank not reserve, you have peed and that you have your sunglasses on!
– Always have the photocopies of: Passport, driving license, bike paper on you.
– Check the oil every 400 km (Bike need to be hot when you check, otherwise the oil will be too thick)
– If you need to add oil use 20w40 (check the oil box) and add little by little checking that you do not go over the level
– Ride on higher gears with minimum RPM
– There’s only one petrol brand in India so you can’t go wrong.. PETROL, not diesel.
– The bike consumption is 1 litter per 35 km. Do the maths!
– Note down time and km every time before riding
– Flat tyre is 30 INR per hole
– Only use Enfield mechanics, you’ll recognise them easily, they’ll have loads of Enfields parked in front of their shop
– Your battery is fairly new, it will last 1 year and a half
Now for the spare kit needed:
- Spare tube
- Spare plug
- Plug key
- Screw driver
- Cable clutch
- Cable gear
- 1 Bulb
- Spare fuse
I might be updating this post if I come across anything else..